We know that you, our members truly value knowing where their food comes from, and in our case, who caught your sustainable seafood. So when we asked you to fill out a quick survey and tell us who your favourite CSA’s were, we received a tremendous response and a very full list!
So we got in touch with each CSA across Metro Vancouver (and the Sea-to-Sky corridor), to see if they were interested in sharing information. Of those we’ve heard back from, we’ve compiled a great wealth of information for you about these hard working folks who supply the very best produce (and flowers!) in our gorgeous region.
- Brave Child Farm x Hua Foundation Choi Box – Vancouver
The Choi Box is hua foundation and Brave Child Farm’s Community Supported Agriculture (CSA) program. Choi (菜) is a Chinese word for vegetables.
While most people may be familiar with bok choi or pak choi, there exists a beautiful variety of choi that can be grown locally in and around Metro Vancouver.
We offer 16 weeks of culturally relevant Asian vegetables. Pick up is at the Britannia Community Center on Wednesday afternoons.
- To learn more and to sign up click here or find them on Instagram
- Container Brewing Summer/Fall CSA – Vancouver
- The “Container Brewing CSA”, in partnership with Hazelmere Organics and Tall Shadow Bakery, is the only weekly CSA in Vancouver that brings together locally grown, organic produce alongside freshly baked sourdough goodies with a 4-pack of Container Brewing beer!
- They offer delivery for a limited number of the CSA spaces, limited to Vancouver only. There are many more pickup spaces available, with the bonus being that you get a complimentary beer when you swing by the brewery to grab your bag.
- To learn more and to sign up: click here. Sign-up closes near the end of May, or once we hit our maximum number of spaces. You can also follow them on Instagram or Facebook
- As a Skipper Otto fan, you can get $10 off if you sign up for the whole series by using the coupon SKIPPEROTTO at checkout.
- Farmers on 57th – Vancouver
- Stewarding 1 acre of community growing space near Marpole/South Vancouver, they grow delicious vegetables and herbs, as well as beautiful cut flowers for your table.
- Take home a weekly box of organically grown produce from your neighbourhood farm with our CSA Harvest Box! For 20 weeks – from late May through mid-October – you get a weekly box of veggies.
- With pickups on Tuesdays at our farm, each week you can count on receiving leafy greens, a root and/or fruit (ie. tomato, zucchini, eggplant), and a herb at an average weekly value of $32. Weekly or bi-weekly bouquets of beautiful fresh-cut flowers are also available alongside your veggie box or all on their own.
- Reserve your harvest box, flowers, and find more information here. You can also find them on Instagram and Facebook
- ALSO!!! You can also learn to grow your own food this year with Farmers on 57th! You will have access to your own plot and learn everything you need to start, maintain and eat from your own garden. We meet biweekly at our farm in the Marpole area on Tuesdays from 6:30 – 8 pm from April 11 – Sept 12. This course fills up fast! Click the link above for more info
- Glen Valley Organic Farmers – Abbotsford
- Glen Valley Organic Farm’s CSA program offers 12- and 24-week vegetable subscriptions and a fruit share option.
- Certified organic since 1992 and a Living Wage employer, GlenValley is also a Salmon-Safe certified farm. This recognizes the direct impact agriculture has on the health of waterways and fisheries.
- Sign-ups are taken on an ongoing basis. Vacation holds allow subscribers to put their orders on hold and to use the credit for future orders.
- Neighbourhood pick-up locations are offered in North Vancouver, Burnaby, Vancouver, New Westminster, Coquitlam, Surrey, Langley and Abbotsford.
- Skipper Otto members new to our program can use the Promo Code: SkipperOtto for a $10 membership discount on a new subscription. For more info and to sign up – click here or find them on Instagram or Facebook
- Kingfisher Farm Market – Surrey
- Kingfisher Farm Market is situated on a small farm in South Surrey.
- The Neufeld family have been growing there for over a decade, providing the community with a wide selection of vegetables and flowers.
- On Tuesdays, from June – October, make your way to their old barn for an amazing array of seasonal vegetables, flowers and more! Or join their version of a CSA – the Farmer’s Box, a curated selection of veggies with optional add-ons, delivered on Fridays to Crescent Beach (or pickup at the farm).
- Skipper Otto members can use discount code: Skipperotto for 5% off. For more info click here or find them on Facebook
- Sharing Farm – Richmond
- When you join Sharing Farm’s CSA Harvest Basket Program you will enjoy 17 weeks of local, sustainably grown vegetables from their Richmond Farm, from June-October for $37.35/week.
- Harvest Basket pickup is on Thursday evenings, in Richmond at the Sharing Farm, or in East Van by the PNE. Neighbourhood signups of 10 or more may be eligible for a neighbourhood pickup within Vancouver or Richmond. We also offer instalment payment plans.
- 2023 highlights will include a wide variety of fruits and vegetables, lots of our incredibly flavourful garlic, our famous sweet cantaloupes and abundant cherry & heirloom tomatoes.
- Skipper Otto members can use the coupon code: 2023272 at checkout for $10 off their order! To register and find out more click this link or find them on Instagram or Facebook
- Sole Food Street Farms – Vancouver
- Beginning the week of May 22, their CSA will span the season and shares will reflect Spring, Summer, and Fall in Vancouver. Their goal is to provide a bountiful and exciting weekly box of hyper-local vegetables and herbs, and to share their love of seasonal farming and food with all of you.
- Farm gate pick-up on Wednesday’s from 1 until 6 p.m. at 299 West 1st Ave. in Olympic Village.
- To find out more click the link here or find them on Instagram
- Suelo & Faa – Vancouver
- Suelo & Faa is a micro urban flower farm in the Hastings-Sunrise neighbourhood. They grow flowers using ecological methods in the yards of their community, and offer bouquets via a Community Supported Agriculture model! Suelo is Spanish for soil, and faa is Cantonese for flower – a way of recognizing their family roots.
- CSA season starts in July, with pick ups at Nelson the Seagull in Gastown, The Front Supply off the Drive, and at farm sites in Hastings-Sunrise! Click for here for CSA shares.
- Skipper Otto members can use a $10 discount code: SKIPPER10! Sign up deadline is June 15th.
- To find out more click the link here or find them on Instagram
- UBC Farm CSA – Vancouver
- The UBC Farm CSA program is one of the Centre for Sustainable Food Systems’ agricultural distribution initiatives. They provide the UBC campus and broader Vancouver community with a weekly box of fresh, local, organic produce, grown at the farm. Many hands-on learning opportunities for both students and aspiring farmers are made possible through the program.
- Members pick up at the farm on Tuesdays and Saturdays for 20 weeks from June to October.
- Head to they website for registration details! Or find them on Instagram
We also wanted to share a few meat producers:
- Blue Sky Ranch – Merritt
- Located on 21 acres in the Nicola Valley near Merritt, their pigs live free range out on their pasture. Choose from sausages, pork chops and bacon in the online store.To find out more click here.
- Coghlan Cottage Farm – Langley BC
- Family run, the Langfords raise and produce Rare-Breed Pork, Pastured Eggs, Icelandic Lamb on their family farm where they live with their two children. They started farming because, well, they love to eat!
- The farm is open to the public Friday and Saturdays 1-5pm, and pre-orders are strongly recommended
- To find out more, visit their website here
And we have a few friends along the Sea-to-Sky corridor:
- Plenty Wild Farms – Pemberton
- Eat well & feel good about where your food comes from! Their Farm Share program is a unique alternative to traditional CSAs. The share amount you purchase is loaded onto a gift card that can be used in Pemberton, Squamish or Whistler to shop for your choice of certified organic produce from May through December.
- Have fun in the kitchen with unusual offerings like celeriac & radicchio or keep it simple with classics like carrots & tomatoes.
Purchase a share by April 26th and be sure to enter SKIPPEROTTO in the order notes to receive a bonus 5% credit.
- For more information head to this link or find them on Instagram or Facebook
- Rootdown Organic Farm – Pemberton
- Rootdown Organic Farm offers a 15 week Harvest Box Program, from late June to early October.
- Established in 2009, we have a track record of providing delicious, fresh, high-quality vegetables for good value to our Members. We have a flexible-choice options, and a generous vacation hold policy for folks who want to support local but are away for some weeks during the Harvest Season.
- We serve Pemberton and Whistler only, with convenient weekly pick-ups in central locations in both towns. Home delivery is an option for a fee.
- For more info and to sign up, click this link or find them on Instagram or Facebook.
- Spray Creek Ranch – Lillooet / Sea-to-Sky
The following CSA’s are at capacity and no longer taking customers this season, but have asked to share that they can be found at the following Farmer’s Market locations this spring/ summer:
Trout Lake Farmer’s Market
Thank you for eating with the ecosystem, and supporting local growers – it makes a big difference in their lives, just as it does our fishing families!
Allison Hepworth - April 5, 2023
Favourite CSA’S in Metro Vancouver
Allison Hepworth - April 5, 2023