About Skipper Otto Community Supported Fishery
Skipper Otto Community Supported Fishery is a sustainable seafood subscription program that provides premium quality, totally traceable, sustainable seafood directly from BC fishing families to seafood-loving home-cooks across Canada. We’re transforming the way seafood is produced, consumed, and valued. Founded in 2008, Skipper Otto’s was the first Community Supported Fishery in Canada, and one of the first world-wide.
Skipper Otto is a great place to work! We have a strong, supportive team, and a culture of positivity, creative problem solving, collaboration, and fun. We value people, communities, and environmental and social justice.
Learn more about us at: www.skipperotto.ca
The Distribution Team members are an integral part of our small team, and are responsible for the logistics of moving seafood during the busy summer and fall seasons. As a Distribution Team Member, you will:
- Participate in packing activities for orders that are to be picked up at Vancouver pick-ups or shipped to customers outside of Vancouver.
- Track, maintain, and enter accurate records for inventory.
- Be responsible for moving large quantities of seafood in fish totes and on palettes on Skipper Otto’s sites using company vehicles, palette jacks, and other equipment as trained by the management team.
- Ensure inventory is kept at appropriate temperatures at all stages of distribution.
- Maintain clear communication with the management team about packing and orders.
- Distribute seafood at member pick-ups and communicate the full boat-to-fork story of the seafood in a friendly, approachable manner.
- Represent the company in a responsible and friendly way in all interactions with members, suppliers and community partners.
- Physically capable of lifting and moving 50lb boxes
- Stand while working during your shifts
- Familiarity with and interest in sustainable food systems, and/or fishing
- Good communication skills, both verbal and written
- Self-motivated; able to see opportunities and act on them independently
- Enthusiastic, fun, positive, and personable
- Creative, flexible, and reliable
- Team player
- Current drivers’ license and experience with driving trucks and vans
- Forklift experience is an asset
The position offers a starting wage of $19.50 per hour.
- Position needed immediately with shifts year-round. The busy season runs through mid-December.
- Part-time and fulltime roles are possible. Part-time of 8-20 hours/week or fulltime possible through end of 2020.
- The position will be one of a team of employees. Hours will vary but will involve a combination of shifts. Regular hours are generally: Mon-Fri from 9am-5pm but we are also looking for people who can work some evenings and weekends too.
- The position works at False Creek Fishermen’s Wharf at 1505 West 1st Ave, Vancouver
How to Apply:
- Please e-mail a cover letter and resume detailing your experiences, qualifications, and interest to our Operations Manager, Lizzy DuGuay at [email protected].
- Cleary refer to the position title in the subject line of the email.
- Attach to the e-mail a single PDF document that contains your cover letter and resume and ensure your name is included in the file name.
- Successful candidates will be contacted by email. While we thank everyone for their application, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
- Applications will be considered on a rolling basis through September 2020 with the opportunity to begin training immediately. Positions will be filled as soon as possible so apply soon!