Distribution Team Member – Part time casual
The Distribution Team Member is an important part of Skipper Otto. The role works in close conjunction with the Distribution Manager and will be responsible for much of the logistics of moving seafood during the busy May-Dec season.
The Distribution Team Member will:
- Participate in packing activities for orders at False Creek Fishermen’s Wharf.
- Track, maintain, and enter accurate records for inventory
- Be responsible for moving large (and small) quantities of seafood in fish totes and on palettes using company vehicles, fork lifts, palette jacks, and other equipment as trained by the management team.
- Distribute seafood at member pick-ups and communicate the full boat-to-fork story of the seafood in a friendly, approachable manner.
- Ensure inventory is kept at appropriate temperatures at all stages of distribution.
- Maintain clear communication with the management team about all aspects of the role from daily packing, to driving, to pick-ups
- Represent the company in a responsible and friendly way in all interactions with members, suppliers and community partners.
- Physically capable of lifting and moving 50lb boxes
- Able to stand while working during your shifts
- Familiarity with and interest in sustainable food systems, and/or fishing
- Good communication skills, both verbal and written
- Self-motivated; able to see opportunities and act on them independently
- Enthusiastic, fun, positive, and personable
- Creative, flexible, and reliable
- Team player
- Current BC drivers’ licence with a clean driver’s abstract and preferably with experience with driving trucks and vans
- Forklift driving experience
The position offers a starting wage of $20 per hour.
- Positions needed started in springtime, but shifts and hiring can occur year-round. Busy season runs from mid-May to the end of November.
- Both part-time and fulltime roles are possible. Part-time of 8-20 hours/week
- The position will be one of a team of employees. Hours will vary but will involve a combination of shifts. Regular hours are generally: Mon-Fri from 9am-5pm but we are also
looking for people who can work some evenings and weekends too.
- The position works at False Creek Fishermen’s Wharf at 1505 West 1st Ave, Vancouver
How to Apply
- Please e-mail a cover letter and resume detailing your experiences, qualifications, and interest to our Director of Operations & HR, Lizzy DuGuay at [email protected]
- Cleary refer to the position title in the subject line of the email.
- Attach to the e-mail a single PDF document that contains your cover letter and resume and ensure your name is included in the file name.
- Successful candidates will be contacted by email. While we thank everyone for their application, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.