About Skipper Otto Community Supported Fishery
Skipper Otto Community Supported Fishery is a sustainable seafood subscription program that provides premium quality, totally traceable, sustainable seafood directly from BC fishing families to seafood-loving home-cooks across Canada. We’re transforming the way seafood is produced, consumed, and valued. Founded in 2008, Skipper Otto was the first Community Supported Fishery in Canada, and one of the first world-wide.
Skipper Otto is a great place to work and our rapid growth makes now a fantastic time to join us! We have a strong, supportive team with a growth mind-set and a culture of positivity, creative problem solving, collaboration, and fun. We value people, communities, and environmental and social justice and are innovators at the leading edge of workplace health and wellness.
Learn more about us at: www.skipperotto.ca
Who are you?
You’re an energetic team player who loves people and helping them. You are an empathetic and active listener with fantastic communication skills, both written and verbal. And you’re the kind of person who uses use their creative problem-solving skills to find solutions that meet everyone’s needs. You’re a detail-oriented, reliable, self-starter with a drive for constant improvement who can see what needs to be done, take initiative, and get it done, often developing and sharing creative new ways of doing things. You are enthusiastic, fun, positive, and personable. You’re excited about learning and working in a great company with a great team toward a shared vision for a more just and sustainable world.
You might also:
- Have a university degree or comparable work experience
- Have experience in small, growing company
- Have a track record and skills to offer customer service that is both professional and endowed with humanity
- Be familiar with and have an interest in the local food movement, sustainable food systems, and/or fishing
- Have experience with CRM software systems as well as online communication systems and platforms
The Member Services Manager will be the main point of contact for Skipper Otto members as they navigate the online experience of becoming members and using their membership credits. You’ll handle all communication between Skipper Otto and both our existing and prospective members. You will be part of our small team and collaborate closely with our other fun, hard-working, and compassionate team members to ensure accurate and up-to-date communication to members about both marketing and operational messaging. You’ll work in our modern Kitsilano office at 1965 West 4th Avenue and report to our COO.
The Member Services Manager will:
Provide Exceptional Customer Service for our Members
- Engage in member communication through emails and phone calls.
- Ensure members and prospective members get amazing prompt and caring service.
- Develop a thorough understanding of the Skipper Otto online member platform in order to troubleshoot and solve member problems and special requests about memberships and orders.
- Oversee member pick-ups at the False Creek Fishermen’s Wharf on Thursday evenings.
- Be adept at communicating the Skipper Otto story and benefits of membership to prospective members by phone and email.
- Reach out to groups of members as needed to sort out unexpected changes to orders.
- Maintain and update member records to create a customized membership experience.
Foster Effective Team Communication
- Identify potential issues in operations or communications through feedback from members and prospective members.
- Gather and share qualitative market insights through interactions with the public and members.
- Identify, track, and report obstacles to member onboarding and member satisfaction.
- Maintain and monitor systems for tracking changes in member communication trends.
Responsibilities may change over time based on the company’s seasonality and continued growth.
In all your areas of responsibility, you’ll be expected to consider new ways of tackling the growth of the company. The systems that have taken Skipper Otto to this stage of its growth are not going to be the same ones that will work as it continues to grow.
- The annual salary is dependent on experience and will be in a range between $50,000-$55,000/year.
- 3 weeks of vacation plus an additional week of vacation in late December.
- An Extra Days Off (EDO) program which provides additional long weekends spread between pre-existing stat holiday long weekends so that roughly every second week is a 4-day work week. This amounts to roughly an extra 14 paid days off annually on top of vacation days.
- Extended health, dental and vision benefits and an employee EAP program available after 3 months of employment
- Free and discounted seafood
- This is a contract position that would ideally start immediately (early Feb 2023) and run until mid-April, 2024. It is a 15 month contract / maternity leave coverage.
- Full time, salaried 40 hours/week
- The position works primarily regular weekday business hours with a later start and end on Thursdays.
How to Apply Member Services Manager_job posting_Jan 2023
- Please e-mail a cover letter and resume detailing your experiences, qualifications, and interest to our COO, Chris Kantowicz at [email protected]
- Clearly refer to the position title in the subject line of the email.
- Attach to the e-mail a single PDF document that contains your cover letter and resume and ensure your name is included in the file name. For example: “BobMarley_MemberServicesManager.pdf”
- Applications will be reviewed as they are received, and until the position is filled.
- Successful candidates will be contacted by email. While we thank everyone for their application, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
If this sounds like you and a role you are excited about, we look forward to hearing from you!