It’s that time of year again! Your chance to become part of a small team in our rapidly growing business with social, environmental, and economic justice at its core!
Distribution Team Members:
- Participate in packing activities for orders that are to be picked up at Vancouver pick-ups or shipped to customers outside of Vancouver.
- Track, maintain and enter accurate records for inventory.
- Are responsible for moving large quantities of seafood in fish totes and on palettes on Skipper Otto’s sites using company vehicles, palette jacks, and other equipment as trained by the management team.
- Ensure inventory is kept at appropriate temperatures at all stages of distribution.
- Maintain clear communication with the management team about packing and orders.
- Distribute seafood at member pick-ups and communicate the full boat-to-fork story of the seafood in a friendly, approachable manner.
- Represent the company in a responsible and friendly way in all interactions with members, suppliers and community partners.
- Have a lot of fun working with a values-aligned team of smart, adventurous, caring people!
- Current drivers’ licence and experience with driving trucks and vans
- Physically capable of lifting and moving 50lb boxes
- Familiarity with and interest in sustainable food systems, and/or fishing
- Good communication skills, both verbal and written
- Self-motivated; able to see opportunities and act on them independently
- Enthusiastic, fun, positive, and personable
- Creative, flexible, and reliable
- Team player
- Conscientious with an eye for detail
- Forklift driving experience helpful but not required
The position offers a starting wage of $15.00 hour.
- Position needed from late May through early October
- 8-20 hours/week depending on availability and the weekly schedule.
- The position will be one of a team of employees. Hours will vary but will involve a combination of shifts that fall within the following hours: Mon-Wed from 9am-5pm, Thursdays from 11:30-7:30p, Fridays from 8a-4pm and Saturdays from 9:00-am – 4:00pm.
How to Apply
- Please e-mail a cover letter and resume detailing your experiences, qualifications, and interest to our Member Services Manager, Lizzy DuGuay at email@example.com.
- Cleary refer to the position title in the subject line of the email.
- Attach to the e-mail a single PDF document that contains your cover letter and resume and ensure your name is included in the file name.
- Successful candidates will be contacted by email. While we thank everyone for their application, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
- Applications will be considered on a rolling basis through March 31st, 2017 with the opportunity to begin training immediately.